A clean chimney is a safer chimney

Health and Safety

Chimney fires can quickly spread to your home or business premises, thus putting property, livelihoods, and loved ones in danger. House fires often cause serious damage to the masonry and brick work, leaving you with an expensive repair bill.

All chimneys need sweeping at least once a year, although if you use the chimney often, we recommend twice a year. If you use a solid fuel burning appliance, you should have your chimney swept at least once a year, preferably before each winter as birds often use chimneys as nesting spots. Falling stonework, rubble, spider webs, and leaves can block chimneys and stop or reduce the flow of air. When all of these are combined, they block previously working chimneys; any blockage can alter the combustion balance or cause carbon monoxide to enter the home instead of being safely vented from the property.

Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer; it has no colour, taste, or smell. Even low levels of Carbon Monoxide can lead to permanent ill-health or death, especially in children. The early symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning can easily be mistaken for the flu. The most common symptoms include nausea, headaches, tiredness, dizziness, and pains in the stomach or chest. Look out for soot or staining around your appliance as this is a sign of inadequate venting of gases.

It is vital that appliances are properly installed, serviced, and have sufficient ventilation. Due to this, we strongly recommend that you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.

Protect Your Health

By arranging a thorough chimney sweep with our proficient team today.

Call Now